How My Perspective on Web 2.0 Changed
When this course began, I mostly associated Web 2.0 with social media and everyday communication. While I had experience using platforms for personal and professional purposes, I hadn't considered how intentionally they could be designed to support learning, collaboration, and performance improvement. Throughout this semester, that perspective completely changed.
Exploring a variety of Web 2.0 tools showed me that each platform has strengths depending on the learning goal. Some tools are excellent for building communities, while others are better suited for organizing resources, encouraging collaboration, or providing ongoing performance support. Creating my Pinterest performance support project was one of the most valuable experiences because it challenged me to think beyond collecting resources. Instead, I had to consider how learners would discover, organize, and apply information in meaningful ways.
One of the biggest lessons I'll take from this course is that successful online communities don't happen by accident. They require thoughtful design, active participation, clear expectations, and opportunities for meaningful interaction. As I continue my graduate program and begin my career in instructional design, I know these principles will influence how I design learning experiences and support communities of practice.
This course has helped me see Web 2.0 as much more than technology—it is a way to connect people, encourage continuous learning, and create opportunities for collaboration long after formal instruction has ended.

Comments
Post a Comment